Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud contacts won't show up on my iPhone, but they do show up on my mac, icloud.com and iPad correctly

Hello, A few weeks ago I traveled to visit some family out of town and noticed that every time I logged on to a new Wi-Fi network my phone asked me to verify my iCloud password. I always did, but on one ocasion my contacts were wiped from my phone (iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4) and the only ones that I could see were those that came from my Facebook account. Somehow I managed to fix it by connecting my iPad to the same Wi-Fi network and opening the contacts app, then turning off and back on iCloud contacts on my iPhone. Now I am back home, and upon returning and logging on to my Wi-Fi network I was asked once again to verify my iCloud password which I did, however I have not needed to use my phone since I returned so I did not see if my contacts were there or not last night. Today I needed to make a phone call and when I opened the phone app I saw that every number dialed showed the phone number, as opposed to showing the name for the contacts I had assigned. Now the contacts app shows nothing, and it doesnt even give me the option to show the Facebook contacts anymore. I am wondering if this is an issue with the app, with iCloud, or with my iPhone. Any help is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 3:08 PM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2014 3:44 PM in response to kbastian

The only thing you would need to worry about are photo stream photos. They are deleted when you delete the account. When you sign back in, you only get back photos added in the last 30 days. To avoid this, save your photo stream photos to your camera roll, then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide your password and choose Delete from My iPad when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud), then sign back in and the data will download back to your iPad.

Of course, if you have added or made changes to any of the contacts on your iPad, you would also need to make these changes on the contacts on icloud.com before deleting the account so the data that downloads back to your iPad is the most recent data.

My iCloud contacts won't show up on my iPhone, but they do show up on my mac, icloud.com and iPad correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.