Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free upgrade to mainstage 3 from 2?

So I purchased mainstage 2 about a month before mainstage 3 came out, feel free to check my download records - but now i cant afford to get Mainstage 3 and Mainstage 2 isn't compatible with projects and tother stuff anymore nor is it able to be controlled with the logic ipad app.

I purchased Mainstage 2 to get the most use out of it ad possible but now i cant.

Is there any way to get a free upgrade to mainstage 3 since there was no notice of a full paid update?

I think it's a bit ridiculous that people who purchased Mainstage 2 literally weeks before the new version came out have to pay another $31 for a few compatibility upgrades

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 4:18 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2014 2:38 PM in response to Blueberry

Of course if I buy a new car there will be another one the next year, but if I was aware that the next model was going to be better suited to what I need, I would wait for the new model or at least expect what becomes the "old" model to be at a cheaper price in that lead up to the new release.

I would think apple should have created some form of compensation for people who purchased MS2 within a certain period of time before MS3 was released. It's not hardware, it doesn't cost them a thing to build and ship another copy of it...even if it did, I'm sure there might be a little breathing space in their half a billion net worth...

But that being said, if I could afford a new car, I wouldn't be complaining about a $31 upgrade.

Apr 11, 2014 1:46 AM in response to TimBranson

Both of you have great points. I too would hold out for a new car model. Lol. But the software industry is way different as we all know.

Yes $30 or so is unfair having to pay again soon after for the 'latest' upgrade. But you are better off than me already. I bought Logic Studio 9 just to get MS before the App Store came about. I spent a lot more money than $30, I think it was about au$700 or so. Then shortly after (within the year) I had to pay $30 to upgrade to MS 2.3. Now I have to spend another $30 for MS3.

Apple now run the show for the creative industry with all levels covered from garage band to Logic Pro and they charge what they want because they have plenty of people hooked.

$30 ***** paying but $700 + $30 is even worse. Consider yourself lucky.

Maybe make a change to ableton live or something, otherwise get used to pay the $30 once a year.

May 7, 2014 11:34 PM in response to roblodder

Also easy to forget that the price of Apple's pro apps has dropped ridiculously in recent years. Go back to rthe days of Logic 5 and 7 - most of us couldn't have begun to afford it. So, yes it is annoying to buy software and then find it as a paid upgrade 1 month later - on the other hand $30 is very cheap when you look at what you get. Go buy Adobe creative suite and see the size of the hole that burns in your pocket!

Free upgrade to mainstage 3 from 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.