Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install purchased lion (11/16/11) onto laptop that I just replaced hard drive in.

I just replaced the hard drive in my laptop and am trying to reinstall all of my software. The store that did the repairs gave me leopard. I purchsed lion back in 2011 and am trying to install it from itunes (shows my purchse history), but it won't let me install it. Do I have to buy it again?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 5:10 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2014 7:12 PM in response to carriefromtahoe

It sounds like you are saying that the hard drive was replaced with with Leopard instead of your original Lion OS.

If so this is a good thing, but it all depends on how you are restoring your old files and applications.

There was a significant platform change between Leopard to Lion (skipping Snow Leopard which was an (Intel only transition. Snow Leopard no longer supports PowerPC only applications). One of these applications were some of the old MS office applications.

If you moved some old backups of your Leopard applications to Lion, some may not work. If you have your Lion Upgrade media, try upgrading your system to Lion from Leopard.

There is also the possibility of asking your vendor who replaced your disk drive to install Lion instead, which is readily available.

Jeff

Can I install purchased lion (11/16/11) onto laptop that I just replaced hard drive in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.