Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log out of iCloud on iOS7?

I created a new iCloud account separate from my family's on my laptop. I'm logged into my phone with the same email as the new iCloud account, but the iCloud account is still the old one and the email address is grayed out so I can't change it. I tried logging in/out of mesages/facetime on my phone like I've read other people recommend but nothing changes. I tried plugging my phone into iTunes but still nothing. I can't log out off the iCloud account because the only option is to "delete account", but it's not solely my account so I can't do that either.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 5:48 PM

You have to delete the account, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. Deleting the account only deletes if from your phone, not from iCloud. Doing this will not effect anyone else still using the account.

5 replies

Jul 3, 2014 2:07 PM in response to tbayhiker

If the old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Can't log out of iCloud on iOS7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.