Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do with my old Apple Lion USB Stick

Many moons ago, when I had many family members come to me (the family's personal IT support representative) to update their computers, I bought a MAC OSX Lion 10 license Family Upgrade USB stick.

The Sleek, awesome looking, apple USB storage device holds a modest 374MB of storage.

As good as Lion "WAS" (after its first few SP releases), it has now lapsed into the Star Trek equivalence of a Dunsel.

I do have a copy of the 10.7 base Intall kit, but I would really like to re-purpose the original Apple Branded USB device that I have, as a RO or RW devive, but I cant seem to unlock the RO attribute of the USB stick.

Is it truely non writeable ram, or is there somthing I can use in the Disk Utility to overwrite its contents?

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 6:41 PM

If there is not a physical lock indicator on the flash drive, and DU cannot unlock it, then there isn't much you can do with it. Still worth keeping just in case one of those installations you did needs to be redone.

5 replies

What can I do with my old Apple Lion USB Stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.