Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air using Mac OS X 10.6.8. How can I use iCloud facility? Doeas it work in any country?

I have a MacBook Air using Mac OS X 10.6.8. How can I use iCloud facility? I don't see iCloud when I click on System Preferences, only MobileMe instead but doesn't seem to be working. Thanks in advance for helping.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB 1067 MHz

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

iCloud only comes with OSX 10.7.2 or later, you need to upgrade your OS. Go to the Mac App Store and try downloading OSX Mavericks. The store will only let you download it if your computer meets the required specifications.

If you are told your Mac is not compatible with Mavericks, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) or better CPU with at least 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2014 8:09 PM in response to ha5no10

Welcome to the Apple Community.

iCloud only comes with OSX 10.7.2 or later, you need to upgrade your OS. Go to the Mac App Store and try downloading OSX Mavericks. The store will only let you download it if your computer meets the required specifications.

If you are told your Mac is not compatible with Mavericks, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) or better CPU with at least 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Jan 13, 2014 8:09 PM in response to ha5no10

ha5no10 wrote:

I have a MacBook Air using Mac OS X 10.6.8. How can I use iCloud facility? I don't see iCloud when I click on System Preferences,

Correct. OS X 10.6.8 is not compatible with iCloud.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices

If you have iCloud enabled on an Apple iDevice... you can access iCloud on your computer by going to iCloud.com and signing in

I have a MacBook Air using Mac OS X 10.6.8. How can I use iCloud facility? Doeas it work in any country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.