Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule 2TB wifi issues.

Hi, I have the TC2TB connected to a Motorolla SB6141 on Time Warner cables RR network. I have RR turbo up to 20MB yet with I'm only getting between 2mb-5mb via wifi on both my Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. I have had a tech out to my home to replace the hardline into my home and all of the tests TW tech support runs prove fruitless. Any thoughts on what I can do?

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 10:26 PM

Have you connected a computer directly to the modem and confirmed that you can achieve 20Mbps??

Have you connected a computer by ethernet to the TC and checked if you can get the same speed from it.. you need to figure out where the hold up is.. WAN port.. the SB6141 is a known problematic modem with the TC.

Or is it purely wireless.

Fill us in on the tests and we can work from there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2014 10:26 PM in response to silverback18

Have you connected a computer directly to the modem and confirmed that you can achieve 20Mbps??

Have you connected a computer by ethernet to the TC and checked if you can get the same speed from it.. you need to figure out where the hold up is.. WAN port.. the SB6141 is a known problematic modem with the TC.

Or is it purely wireless.

Fill us in on the tests and we can work from there.

Jan 14, 2014 4:13 PM in response to LaPastenague

LaPastenague,

I completely bypassed the TC and connected it directly to my 2011 iMAC desktop via ethernet and based on the estimates from speedtest.net I was getting 17.5mb-22mb DL and 2.0mb-2.6mb UL. However, once I put my TC back in the mix my speed dropped again. The reason I bought the dang SB6141 was becasue it was DOCCSIS 3, but now I kinda regret it.

Time Capsule 2TB wifi issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.