Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S not pairing with Clarion CZ702 head unit

I purchased a Clarion CZ702 head unit a few months ago and back then I was still using my iPhone 4 (I believe had iOS 5... or something) and it worked fine using an apple 30-pin connector cable. The head unit has a USB port and is supposed to control a iphone/ipad/ipod from the head unit. Plugging in the iPhone 4 it immediately recognizes it, begins charging the phone and allows full control of my music.

When the iPhone 4 started flaking out I updated the iOS to 7.0.4, it didn't help my other issues (wifi and BT) but it still functioned fine with the head unit.

So I got the new iPhone 5S (it also has iOS 7.0.4) and it doesn't want to pair/charge/recognize with the headunit (using an apple lightning connector cable). I have to keep disconnecting/connecting (the cable) and finally it'll connect, maybe 1 in 15 tries. Usually what happens (after connecting the phone) is after a few seconds the phone will start to charge, but then drop-off/stop after 2-3 seconds.

When it finally does connect (starts to charge first, but keeps charging) it works fine. Sometimes it gives me an error like: "this accesory is not supported, use of.....".

Anyone else having these issues? Recommendations?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:26 PM

2 replies

iPhone 5S not pairing with Clarion CZ702 head unit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.