Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having a problem in FCP7 with all video transitions. Every transition has a rolling flicker throughout the effect. What is causing this?

I recently upgraded to FCP7 from FCP6. I am now having an issue in playback with all video transitions. When I add a transition to my video it does not consistently play smoothly. I now appears to have an old "film" like flicker rolling through the effect. Our video was shot on a dslr and brought into FCP with compressor as a prores 422 file. We use magic bullet for our coloring effects which are in place on this video. When I was working on the project in FCP6 I did not have this problem. When the project was complete we upgraded to FCP7. The client has now come back to us wanting additional footage. So I opened the old project up into FCP7 and checked yes to all format updates to meet with FCP7 guidelines. So far this is the only problem I've encountered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:04 PM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2014 9:17 PM in response to Studio X

The sequence has been rendered in full, we did this without ever stoping and re-starting it. We are editing on an IMac osx 10.8.5, processor 3.4 ghz intel core 17, memory 8 gb 1333 mhz ram. Our external hard drive that we always edit off of is a 3 Terabyte OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro connected with a firewire 800 cable.

Jan 15, 2014 12:36 PM in response to KJ12

Hello!

For me it looks like conflict with field order (upper, lower - interlaced).

Please, check Your sequence settings, maybe it should be set to "field order NONE" if Your source is progressive.

Next thing You could check:

in Your timeline with bad transitions look into "Effecs tab" - maybe FCP 7 added "shift field filter +/-1" after opening FCP 6 project.

In general - try to keep sequence settings same as source settings.

I'm having a problem in FCP7 with all video transitions. Every transition has a rolling flicker throughout the effect. What is causing this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.