Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Logic Pro 9.1.8 stable with OS X 10.7?

I run Logic pro 9.1.8 with OSX 10.6.8 on an external hard drive and it runs smooth as anything. Very stable, never misses a beat.

The reason i have an external as my boot drive is because I updated my internal drive from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, and had continuous issues with stability when using logic. It would randomly crash, get stuck on loop with no response at all, crash when using certain 3rd party audio components, the list goes on.

So once i'd had enough I decided to get an external and start over.

I have native instruments komplete 8, and am wanting to upgrade to komplete 9, but alas, the update to Komplete 9 is not compatible with anything prior to OSX 10.7 (********).

So after a few weeks of researching and procrastinating, im still undecided as whether to update to OSX 10.7.

I don't know if it is stable with logic 9.1.8 because when i previously updated, i went straight from Snow leopard to mountain lion.

Soooo if anyone out there can help me out with any advice regarding logic 9.1.8 stability with OSX 10.7, that would be awesome 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 11:22 PM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2014 8:27 AM in response to Pweekend

LP 9.1.8 tends to be less stable with Lion compared to ML so i would stick with the original combo of 10.6.8 and 9.1.8 if i were you... though of course that may prevent you updating to Komplete 9 though according to several forum posts, Komplete 9 will run under 10.6.8 without issue even though it is not officially supported...

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/851152-komplete-9-anyone-using-os x-10-6-8-a.html

If you are upgrading from an earlier version you shouldn't have an issue but if you try and install Komplete 9 from scratch, the installer will not allow you to do so under 10.6.8 it seems..

However, back to your original question... it depends on what is causing the instability in the first place as I ran 9.1.8 under ML without issue here.... though imho, the most stable combination of LP9 and OS X is, for me at least, 9.1.5 and 10.6.8

Usually such instability is caused by driver problems with OS X rather than LP itself.. but some people suffered from graphic lag running under Lion and ML so again, it depends on what sort of instability you are refering to as to what may or may not be best for you.

Is Logic Pro 9.1.8 stable with OS X 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.