Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4S won't sync with iTunes after update to 11.1.3

I have updated all softwares on my Macbook Air 10.7.5, included the iTunes 11.1.3.

Once i plugged my Iphone 4S IOS 7.0.3, iTunes wouldn't see it, recognize it or sync.

Other iphones show up.

What is up?

HELP! It's driving me crazy!

Thank you!

Melanie

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 11:42 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2014 3:16 PM in response to whatheck

Thank you for replying.

I am using the actual cable it came with and i'm plugging it directly into the USB of the laptop.

It's driving me crazy and it seems that i'm not the only one that has this issue.

Iphone still not recognized by my iTunes. Doesn't show up. My partner's iPhone 4 totally shows up in matter of second. Mine won't show up on my laptop but will show on other computers.

I've also followed this > http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3540

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Melanie

Jan 15, 2014 1:33 PM in response to tenderforever

Is your iPhone recognized when you plug it into another computer? If it isn't there might be a problem with the iPhone, maybe corrosion or debris in the dock adapter port, more suggestions here -> iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting.

You could also try testing the iPhone with another application, to see if iTunes is the problem, like the iPhone Configuration Utility or PhoneView.

May 6, 2014 7:19 AM in response to tenderforever

This seems to have fixed the issue: on your desktop, hold down the [OPT] key and click on "Go" in the menu bar; holding down the [OPT] click on Library, find Preferences, and then delete all the files that start with "com.apple.itunes.XXXX.plist" where the "XXX" is whatever other things may exist - as long as they end in "plist". From my experience, preference files are rebuilt by the system after the next restart, so you have very little worry of losing any important data; the worst that could happen )and NOT in this instance, but for other plist files) is that you may have to reset the application "preferences" again when you next start it up, to act or appear in a "preferred" customized way for you.

Once you delete the .plist files, empty the Trash, and either log out or restart the computer. Once you're back up and operational, start iTunes and your iDevices should reappear in the sidebar (if that's open) and/or at the top of the screen (if that view is enabled).

Hope that helps. It definitely fixed my problem!

Iphone 4S won't sync with iTunes after update to 11.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.