Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archiving Old Mail

Hello

We have a MacPro running Snow Leopard Server and our email is handled by Kerio. We have approximately 8 Macs accessing emails using Apple Mail.

As emails come in they are organised into various Public Folders making the content available to other users. These emails now date back a long time and I want to archive away all emails which are, say, 2012 and earlier. I don't want to completely prevent our administrators from being able to search through them should we need to get some information from an early email, even if it is not immediately available.

I noticed that emails can reside either 'On My Mac' as a local storage of the emails or served for all users. I am thinking of going to my Mail Server and creating a set of archive folders in the 'On My Mac' area. I could then somehow find pre 2013 emails for each of my Public Filders and move them into corresponding local folders. Would I be correct in thinking that this would 'lighten the load' on all my Mail clients as they would be relieved of all the archived mail but if we needed to search out an older item we could go to the Mail Server and search in the local folders?

Any alternative suggestions very welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 1:23 AM

There are no replies.

Archiving Old Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.