Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Keynote…pathetic!

Just been onto Apple support.

Keynote will NOT sync across iCloud.

They say its because it is BETA!

We have to live with it, apparently.

To be unable to link bytes across a network is pathetic. All it is is copying something onto a server!

Apple is losing its way regarding innovation.

What is new about any iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or even the iOS (which is now an HTC-esque copy)?

Dinosaurs died out because they did not adapt, and become innovative (alledgedly).

We are seeing the arrogance of Apple thinking that they are market leaders and innovators, and thinking themselves to be untouchable setting in.

This has happened with RIM, Nokia etc… all of whom were market leaders, and innovators, and they have now lost their market lead.

To impose users to use a BETA version, is also outrageous. It was always the case that selected users were asked to BETA test, bugs fixed and then the new release went out to all users. The current situation is simply pathetic and shows the demise of Apple, bigtime. This issue is also 6 months old or so.

Apparently Apple are working hard on it and a solution will be here soon! Yeah, sure!

Shows what happens when a company is reliant, for its ethos, upon one man, and his chief designer.

Unless Apple adapts and goes back to its core, of being true innovators, instead of being a "safe" company, then they will lose out on their 10% market share (a percentage share not hit for ten years), and will become a minority company once more. Jobs rescued the company once, he is no longer here to perform the rescue again. So who will be the knight in shining armour?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 2:55 AM

9 replies

Jan 14, 2014 4:09 AM in response to Community User

I can't help but think that if you approached Apple the same way as you approach asking for help in these support communities, that they were likely tempted to tell you anything, just so that you would move on.

You've managed to fill 54 square inches of my screen and haven't provided one bit of information that might be useful to try to diagnose your problem.

Keynote syncs just fine for me and has been doing so since inception, if you'd care to start afresh and provide some relevant information, someone will try to help.

Jan 14, 2014 4:15 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I approached them courteously and they answered, its BETA, we agree with all of the above, they will make a note, and the more people that give feedback the more effect it has, so therefore please give this sort of feedback!

I was invited to give this type of feedback by Apple themselves.

The issue is simple.

Keynote 6, on iPad with iOS 7.

Sync with iCloud, switched on, keynote does not work. The app flashes up, then disappears. Sync with iCloud off, keynote on iPad works.

Answer, according to Apple engineer, is wait for the update.

If you know of the solution, other than this, then I would be most grateful.

Jan 14, 2014 4:20 AM in response to Community User

1. Turn off iCloud for Keynote on your mobile device at Settings > Keynote > Use iCloud > Off.
  2. Open Keynote on your computer and move any documents in iCloud to your desktop for safe keeping.
  3. Navigate to system preferences > iCloud > Manage and check that Keynote documents are not taking any space in the cloud, delete them if they are.
  4. Enable iCloud syncing for Keynote on your mobile device and launch the App.
  5. If Keynote now opens properly, start to add back documents from your desktop one at a time (or in small groups if you have many).

Jan 14, 2014 5:24 AM in response to Community User

Pages and numbers don't have corrupted data then.

Apple support are very knowledgeable about Apple products but they aren't engineers and don't know everything. I've seen this issue numerous times in these communities and nuking the data seems to work for most.

Symptoms are that Keynote works fine on all Macs and at iCloud.com, but won't work on any mobile device unless iCloud syncing is turned off.

Some other things you might try...

On the mobile, settings > usage > keynote > delete app, restart and reinstall.

On the Mac, user library > mobile documents > com~apple~Keynote, drag the folder to the desktop and restart.

At iCloud.com, reset all documents and data.

Jan 14, 2014 5:57 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi,

I had done all that you said regarding deleting the app, before contacting Apple.

I now report, that after leaving it all alone, for a while, after deleting data, then I thought OK, let's put a file back into iCloud, via my iMac, and I just tried again on my iPad, and hey presto, with no other changes being instigated, it suddenly worked!

Perhaps KN needs a file in iCloud for it to work, or perhaps one of the deleted files was not deleted in reality, despite being seen as deleted on the GUI on both iMac and iPad and in Sys Pref/Settings?

You say that Apple are not engineers, the guy I spoke to was a Senior Engineer! If they are not engineers, why have they been given this as a title?

Thanks.

iCloud and Keynote…pathetic!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.