Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving iBooks content

I have just bought an iPad Air. After backing up my 4th gen ipad, I restored this onto my new Air. I have emails, photos, video downloads, sms, etc. I have iBooks restored but it is empty. I have many epub publications which I have studied & put notes in, which have not been purchased from iTunes. Can I get then from my old iPad to my Air? Please please help.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 4:20 AM

11 replies

Jan 14, 2014 7:41 AM in response to Snoozin75

Are the PDFs in the Books part of your computer's iTunes library ? If not then connecting your old iPad and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases should copy them over - that will copy PDFs and epubs that are in the iBooks app, not just actual ibooks. You can then try restoring the backup back onto your new iPad, it should be able to copy the epubs if they are in your iTunes library (the contets of the iBooks app isn't included in a backup, it picks the books up from your library).

Jan 15, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Snoozin75

The old iPad is otherwise recognised when it's connected to that computer's iTunes e.g. you can sync content to ti ? You could try a soft-reset of the iPad and/or reboot your computer to see if it then works - to do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear (you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot).

Jan 15, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Snoozin75

You've got a couple of options, you can either just sync them to it by connecting the new iPad to your computer, selecting it on the left-hand sidebar (you can enable the sidebar via control-S if it's not showing), and then on the right-hand side of the iTunes screen use the Books tab to select and sync them to it :

User uploaded file

If you have Settings > iBooks > Sync Bookmarks 'on' on both iPads it should copy your notes and highlights between them - from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5557

Wirelessly sync your Bookmarks, Highlights, and Notes with your other devices using your iTunes Store account by tapping Settings > iBooks > Sync Bookmarks > ON.

Or you can try restoring the backup of your old iPad back onto it - now you have the PDFs on your computer's iTunes library it should be able to restore them onto the new iPad.

Backups and restores : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4079

Moving iBooks content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.