Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International Warranty IPad Air

I have an IPad Air bought from the US. I am from the Philippines. My Air lately is not working even if I tried to restore it. Does it covers international warranty?

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 5:17 AM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2014 5:41 AM in response to russellfromph

The iPad Air warranty includes the same qualifying statement as the iPhone warranty That is:

"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

However, with the iPad Air there is only one world-wide wifi only model (model A1474), and one world-wide wifi+cellular model (model A1475), so you may find you can get service whereever you are. iPhone models, and previous versions of the iPad, are not identical models everywhere, so the above warranty statement often means that you literally cannot get service outside of your home country as nobody but the Apple stores in your home country even have your particular model available.

So, while technically an iPad is not an international warranty, people have posted of getting service when away from home since all iPad Air models are the same everywhere. All you can do is take it to your nearest Apple or Apple authorised service center and ask - worse they can so is no.

International Warranty IPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.