Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook author review widget questions not displaying correctly.

I have a 5-question review, and after the first question, the following questions are not displayed in their entirety when previewed in iBook. Sometimes there are only 4 characters in the question. Has anyone else have this problem and have a solution?

(I did not have this problem before upgrading to latest iBook author/ibook software.)

Thanks!

RFP

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 6:47 AM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2014 2:48 PM in response to rfJean

Did you preview on iPad and iMac? If not try it, the iPad review can sometimes be unreliable.

There are a number of similar posts to yours, both in the right hand More Like This column and in a search of the whole group.

Each seems to have a different problem and solution, so maybe you can find one that applies to your issue.

Jan 24, 2014 8:43 AM in response to vinnyvg

I exported as .ibooks and viewed it as the actual ibook on my ipad (OS7). The widget still had the missing text in the review questions.

I've searched for similar problems, and the only suggestion I could find was to reinstall the previous version of .iba. I contacted Apple about this and was told "Sorry, we don't allow downloads of previous versions." I really feel like Apple is giving me the runaround. These reviews are vital to my book and I cannot finish my book without them.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!!!!!

Jan 24, 2014 11:52 PM in response to rfJean

Yes, I'm having problems as well with missing text in the review questions as well as some other formatting issues with floating text boxes and text-wrapping.

My book is in English with Japanese. I'm running on a MacBook Pro (Mid-2010) with OS 10.9.1 and iBooks Author 2.1.1. I have changed the fonts many different times. I've tried adding extra spaces as someone else mentioned elsewhere. I've tried every conceivable mix of layers. I've tried with a fresh new file. All to no avail.

I have put a lot of time and effort into my interactive Textbook and have finally finished. Now these issues are the last remaining before delivery through iTunes Producer.

FYI, I have previewed the book in iBooks (latest version), on an iPad mini retina, on an iPad (4th ten); both as previews and using the exported .ibook format (all on iOS7). The problems persist.

User uploaded file

Jan 31, 2014 12:34 AM in response to tacomaboywa

Update: I have uploaded my book and it has been approved. It is live in 51 stores. However, the issue with missing text and such is still there. I hope there is a fix to this soon so I can upload a new version.

For those interested, my book is called, "Japanese Foundation Level 1". It is in the textbook section. Here is the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/japanese-foundation-level-1/id807012977?ls=1&mt =13

User uploaded file

Mar 27, 2014 11:34 AM in response to rfJean

I have the exact same problem on my side. I filed a bug with Apple (#16103277) on Feb.18 2014 and nothing comes up yet. When I create a Review Widget, using French as my language, the widget doesn't show up properly in iBooks Mac nor iOS-iPad; there is also the preview on iPad Air which doesn't check answer/compute result at the end of a review.

It is under iBooks Author 2.1.1 (459) with a MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 running OS X 10.9.1 as well as an iPad Air 32GB.

Very frustrating.

iBook author review widget questions not displaying correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.