Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Airport Extreme (Generation 4) recognize WakeOnLan Commands from Internet?

Does the Airport Extreme (Generation 4) recognize WakeOnLan commands from Internet? I want to start my NAS Synology DS214play from internet. In local LAN it works. What can i do?

Sincerly, Oliver

Airport Extreme (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 7:44 AM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2014 9:32 AM in response to NaumburgOlli

In theory all 802.11n or 802.11ac AirPort base stations support WakeOnLAN or WakeOnDemand via the Bonjour Sleep Proxy on a local network.

For the Internet, the earlier (5.x) version of the AirPort Utility even had an option "Allow setup over the Internet using Bonjour." This option disappeared in version 6.x of the utility, but I believe it has been set to enabled by default.

Sorry, I don't have the necessary equipment to verify that this would work for you.

Does the Airport Extreme (Generation 4) recognize WakeOnLan Commands from Internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.