Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling iPad not charging notice

Is there a way to disable the 'iPad not charging' notification (?) that appears on my iMac whenever I plug in my iPad. I know it is meant to be informative but it doesn't help. In practice my iPad does charge albeit very slowly when plugged in to my USB port. I'd just like it not to keep displaying the notice which I then have to manually cancel. Any ideas?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 9:57 AM

11 replies

Jan 14, 2014 10:50 AM in response to richardjamesc

Whenever you get the "not charging" notification, that usually means there's insufficient or inconstant current flowing to your device. I've seen it when I accidentally used a charger with not enough current.

This can happen if you're using an adapter that's not made for your device. More often, however, users sync through a hub, which sometimes doesn't enough current to fully charge.

Charge through a wall adapter that isn't shared with other devices, or sync through one of your computer's USB cables - not through a hub.

Jan 14, 2014 11:23 AM in response to poikkeus1

poikkeus1 hi and thanks for your reply.

I know why I am getting the message - actually even though the message appears the iPad is actually trickle charging fine. What I want to do, if it is possible, is stop the messages from appearing. I thought there might be something in the notification prefs but cannot find a solution there.

Any thoughts on how I might disable the message would be great. Best wishes, Richard

Mar 28, 2014 3:01 PM in response to richardjamesc

Never mind. It's charging, but iPad also says that it's not. Charge went from 76% to 77%.

This worked in removing the notification, but it also makes it so iPad is no longer charging at all. I went back and entered:

$ sudo defaults delete com.apple.usbd NoiPadNotifications

as the instructions on the link say, but it still has iPad not charging and still no notification. Any ideas to have (perfect world) the iPad charge with the incosistant/low voltage but the notification just be turned off?

Message was edited by: tills24

Disabling iPad not charging notice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.