Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot for the life of me find where to change keychain sync phone number

I used my Google voice number to authenticate and it did not send the code, I cannot for the life of me find where I can change this number, it always tries to send to the authenticate code to my same number, any ideas?

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 10:24 AM

2 replies

Jan 16, 2014 11:27 AM in response to applecriz

Hi applecriz,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you are setting up iCloud keychain, try changing the verification phone number this way:

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.

Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:

• Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Regards,

Jeremy

Nov 30, 2014 8:45 AM in response to jeremy_v

I'm having exactly the same problem.

There is NO phone number listed under "System Preferences -> iCloud -> Account Details" and that's why I can't click an option to change it. It only gives me "General | Contact (with emails and physical address) | Security | Payment". NO PHONE NUMBER TO CHANGE.

I do see that the verification code to enable keychain has been sent to an old phone number that doesn't exist anymore.

Furthermore I updated my phone number inside iTunes and at https://appleid.apple.com/ as well but that won't change the number the keychain verification code is being sent to.

Cannot for the life of me find where to change keychain sync phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.