Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV cannot connect to server at this time

Apple TV will not connect to network at this time

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  2. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  3. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  4. Reset the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings)
  5. Restore the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Restore)
15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Rhontim

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  2. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  3. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  4. Reset the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings)
  5. Restore the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Restore)

Apr 12, 2014 6:46 AM in response to shawn286

"This worked for me without having to reset my Apple TV universe: Press Menu and Down Arrow keys simultaneously for 6 seconds until the light flashes rapidly."

Thank you. **** Apple TV was frustrating the crap out of me until I sat down at the computer, Googled the issue and found this solution. Such an easy fix for such a frustrating issue.

Thanks.

Apr 25, 2014 11:38 PM in response to Rhontim

Same problem for me too! I've turned off, reset, unplugged etc. Ive just uploaded all info again (grrrrrr) and am trying to download a movie from my "purchased movies" to test it and its been loading for around 10 mins. Oh and its just come up with "An error occurred loadig this content" This is driving me nuts! Any help much appreciated 🙂

PS: just tried again and its "Theres a problem communicating with the iTunes Store. Try again later"

HEEEELLLLLP!

Apple TV cannot connect to server at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.