Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 won't download apps.

I recently updated my iphone 4. And most of my apps stayed, but i lost a few. And when i go to the itunes store to reinstall them it doesn't work. It will let me click free and let me enter my password, then it just stops the download completely. And i've tried multiple times to download it and nothing works. I tried linking it up to itunes and that didn't work and i restarted my phone multiple times too. help!!

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Hi kelsrie,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If some applications are not downloading from the App Store after updating your iPhone, try the following steps.

First sign out of the App Store:

Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap the Apple ID signed in.

Choose Sign Out from the menu that appears.

Next, quit all of the applications on your iPhone using these steps:

1. Double-click the Home button.
  2. Swipe the app's preview up to close it.

Finally, restart your iPhone again:

Restarting your device

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.
  2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Once your phone restarts, sign back into the iTunes and App Store from Settings > iTunes & App Store, and try to download the applications that were on your phone previously.

The steps above come from these articles:

iOS: Changing the signed-in iTunes Store Apple ID account

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Best Regards,

Jeremy

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 12:28 PM in response to kelsrie

Hi kelsrie,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If some applications are not downloading from the App Store after updating your iPhone, try the following steps.

First sign out of the App Store:

Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store, then tap the Apple ID signed in.

Choose Sign Out from the menu that appears.

Next, quit all of the applications on your iPhone using these steps:

1. Double-click the Home button.
  2. Swipe the app's preview up to close it.

Finally, restart your iPhone again:

Restarting your device

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.
  2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Once your phone restarts, sign back into the iTunes and App Store from Settings > iTunes & App Store, and try to download the applications that were on your phone previously.

The steps above come from these articles:

iOS: Changing the signed-in iTunes Store Apple ID account

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Jun 30, 2015 11:31 AM in response to kelsrie

Hi Everyone, unfortunately i have the same problem too.

Everytime i go to AppStore i want to download an App, i tap on, 'Get', then they ask me for my Username and Password and i enter it, but then it stops downloading, and also when i input my Username and password on appstore through Settings, i can't be signed in.

I think the servers are congested or

can anyone please kindly help?

Nov 8, 2016 10:46 AM in response to kelsrie

I've got the same problem with my snapchat on iPhone 4s.

After an iOS update, my snapchat starting acting strange, bugging out and skipping people's stories.
So I decided to remove snapchat and redownload it but, when I pressed the cloud button the download didn't start.

I tried restarting my iPhone, logging off and on from the app store, removed some apps to make more space... But nothing seems to work. I guess I'll have to buy a new iPhone, in the end that's what apple wants us to do anyway. -_-

my iphone 4 won't download apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.