Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake email sent saying apple id disabled, but icloud sending me emails saying alert?

Earlier on today I recieved an email saying:

Confirm your Apple ID.

We detect unauthorized login attempts to your Apple ID from other IP address Location.

Please confirm your identity today, otherwise your account will be disabled because of our concern for the safety and integrity of the AppleID community.

Click the link below to confirm your Apple ID:

Confirm Apple ID

Shop the Apple Online Store (1-800-MY-APPLE), visit an Apple Retail Store, or find a reseller.

This message was sent to [[-Email-]]. We hope you found this message helpful. To unsubscribe, click here.

Copyright © 2014 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of UsePrivacy Policy Privacy Policy Terms

To me this email is obviously fake, as the links take me to websites that aren't apple, such as the privacy policy going to mycalenderbook.com. The send of the email was no_reply_id@icloud.com. I ignored the email, but changed my apple ID password just in case someones trying to get into my account. However, my icloud email address keeps sending my usual hotmail email address emails with the subject of "Alert" and a subject message of:

14 January 2014 00:00 :

Email

I'm not sure what the **** these emails are, or how they are being sent from my icloud email address! I only realised when I checked my iphone and found loads of them, after changing my password! I dunno what is going on or how to fix it!:(

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 10:41 AM

1 reply

Fake email sent saying apple id disabled, but icloud sending me emails saying alert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.