Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator is downloading iOS 6.1.3 even though the iPad already has iOS 7.0.4

I was using apple configurator yesterday to setup 30 ipads in a cart. It worked fine for 25 of them but 5 of them encountered errors. Today when I tried to restart the process with the remaining 5 apple configurator keeps trying to download iOS 6.1.3 when I'm trying to prepare the devices. Anyone else seen this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

iPad 2, apple configurator

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 11:09 AM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2014 11:20 AM in response to dthorne13

Yes, I have had the same thing happen to with severall iPads that I administer. I have had mixed luck with quitting Configurator then restarting it and trying the process again.

When the above does not work I perform an Erase All Content and Settings (Settings-->General-->Reset). The "fresh" iPad was then restored from a backup and it did not try to download 6.1.3 on this or subsequent Refresh cycles.

Good luck!

Apple Configurator is downloading iOS 6.1.3 even though the iPad already has iOS 7.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.