Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everything on my screen, Mac Pro, shrunk! Gmail, bookmark pane, task bar menu, even the password sign in. I'm sure I did something with the fingers thing. How do I get back to defaule

Everything on my screen, Mac Pro, shrunk! Gmail, bookmark pane, task bar menu, even the password sign in. I'm sure I did something with the fingers thing. How do I get back to default. The font is tiny, tiny. My operationg system is Mavericks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 6:56 AM

This morning I decided to change the display. I went to system preferences, displays. It was set on scaled and I changed it to best for display. That was all it took. Everything went back to normal. I did not change it to scaled by going through system preferences. Evidently something that I did made the displays scaled! Thank you for sending me to Preferences. I decided if it was wrong I could always change it back!

Wow, everything on the display is good now. This makes me very happy. Thank you for the conversation Brody. It enabled me to solve the problem.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 6:56 AM in response to Grammy Apple

This morning I decided to change the display. I went to system preferences, displays. It was set on scaled and I changed it to best for display. That was all it took. Everything went back to normal. I did not change it to scaled by going through system preferences. Evidently something that I did made the displays scaled! Thank you for sending me to Preferences. I decided if it was wrong I could always change it back!

Wow, everything on the display is good now. This makes me very happy. Thank you for the conversation Brody. It enabled me to solve the problem.

Jan 15, 2014 7:10 AM in response to a brody

Thank you for the list, I will print and keep it handy.

Contol F3 makes my whole screen larager or smaller.

Command option 8 does nothing that I can see.

Command option + or - will zoom in or out on the page I am on but if I change windows it reverts.

But bookmarks pane, the task bar, the password sign in and even the post I am writing (actually every printed word), are a font so small I almsost need a magnifiying glass. This includes web pages too!

I am using Mavericks.

Trying to retrace my steps when this happened. Nothing unusual, I was using airplay to watch a You Tube segment on the tv. I don't think that is related.

I really appreciate your help and comments on this. I can usualy google and find and answer, but to no avail with this one!

Jan 15, 2014 9:09 AM in response to a brody

The windows did not get small. It is the text. The text on everything is so small, maybe a 3. In my mail, the mail itself is tiny as well as the text in the window with your mailboxes and folders. I have my bookmarks bar open and all of the text is tiny. The tool bar at the top of the page is so tiny I can barely see it.

It is crazy. Everything was fine. And "magically" the font on everything became something from the book the teeney tiny woman! I don't think it is a zoom issue, but maybe. The windows still open to full size. But the font of all text including mail, and all displays is too lttle to read. I did not try the resolution because it is text not window size.

My resolution is checked for "scaled" Should I change it to Best for Display?

Everything on my screen, Mac Pro, shrunk! Gmail, bookmark pane, task bar menu, even the password sign in. I'm sure I did something with the fingers thing. How do I get back to defaule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.