Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java Applet Blocked

Trying to VPN to my company's Microsoft-based network on via Safari running on an iMAC (itself running Mavericks).

Getting a message saying

Application Blocked by Security Settings

name: javaversiondisplayapplet

Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running

Do I simply need to alter security preferences in Safari? Any suggestion as to which security setting?

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 1:08 PM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2014 9:45 AM in response to James Mullins1

Here it is November 2014 and Apple Safari is still blocking VPN connections that use Java Applets and even the IT Support people where I work can't figure it out. I wish Apple and Oracle would make a simple solution even if it means expanding user modifiable security settings.

APPLE if doing a GREAT job of FORCING me to use WINDOWS for VPN, DATABASES, ETC. I have used apple computers for over 25 years at home. However, for Business purposes APPLE IS A JOKE.

Java Applet Blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.