Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5: Replaced Reciever, Still Not working.

The reciever on my phone (or so I thought) went out about a month ago. I am outside my year warranty, and have tried fixing it myself. I bought a reciever & tools, tore my phone apart, replaced the reciever, and no changes.. I have tried all the headphone tricks, doesnt seem to be any of that. Speaker phone works, headphones work, everything is fully functional except actually holding the phone you your ear and hearing. And it has done this in IOS 7 and in IOS 6 (updated to 7 in the last week), so I'm not convinced it's a software problem either. Has anybody had similar problems? All the fixes i seem to find involve the headphone jack or reciever, and i have more or less ruled those out.. Any help is appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 12:42 PM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2014 12:48 PM in response to EricL1990

Well, if you hadn't done that, you could have gotten the phone replaced by Apple for $269... Unfortunately, Apple won't touch it any more.

The iPhone is not user servicable. Apple does not sell iPhone parts.

Any parts you could possibly get must fall into one of 3 categories:

Counterfeit

Stolen

Salvaged from other iPhones.

We can't help you. Try a site like ifixit.com if you want to try and fix it yourself, or find a competent repair shop.

iPhone 5: Replaced Reciever, Still Not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.