Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can you change the security email?

i just got a new laptop for christmas and i wanted to buy a new song. when i went into the ituned store they asked me to answer the security questions i did that a long time ago so i dont remember the answers. i went to change the answers at appleid.apple.com like they told me to and it seemed fairly eay. judt click on the send email button and tey wll send an email to the email adress that you have set up to change the questions and answers. the thing is, i dont know that email. the email that is there looka like the same as my regular email but when i sent the email i didnt get one, i tried it at least 5 times and i still didnt get an email. finally i looked closer at the email that they gave me as the one getting the emails, and it was one letter/number short. i dont know twhat it was missing because, if you have done this you will know that the email shos up as the firt letter then all ***** then the @ blah blah blah at the end. i counted and there was a * missing in my email. is there any way that i can see what that full email is and change it? PLEASE HELP ME IT WONT LET ME BUY SONGS FROM MY LAPTOP OR MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!! thank you that help! 🙂

this is off a toshiba laptop

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 1:35 PM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2014 1:38 PM in response to kellaylaylay

You won't be able to change your rescue email address, not view it, until you can answer your questions - if you don't know what it is (it can't the same email address as any other addresses on your iTunes accounts) then you will need to contact iTunes Support / Apple in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

When they've been reset you can then view and/or update your rescue email address for potential future use : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312

how can you change the security email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.