Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to get my Mac serviced

I've had this problem for a while, but i thought at first it was mainly due to running a specific program (World of Warcraft)... this appears not to be the case and my machine is getting too hot to handle!

To give an example, i just watched a You Tube clip - 2:30 long, by the end of which the CPU temperatures ranged from 92oC to 97oC - the fans hadn't kicked in past 2700rpm. The machine used to get upto 107oC when playing WoW, the fan's would kick in and it would cool down slightly but still be burning to the touch (specifically above the F1-F5 keys).

The Flash process was taking up 87.7% of the the CPU when i played the youtube clip. My machine is less than a year old -

Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Any advice appreciated - i am on the verge of taking it into a store and showing them what just happened, but if this is normal and this temperature is 'fine' then i dont want to waste anyones time.

Macbook Pro

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 3:51 PM

Yes, take it to an Apple Store.

You do know that diagnostics are free, and with your < 1 year old Mac repairs are free as well.

2 replies

Do I need to get my Mac serviced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.