Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes on a Micro SD card?

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 with a 128GB SSD (Windows 8.1). I'd like to free up workspace and move my 45GB of Itunes music to a Micro SD card. I tried just moving the Media folder to the SD card and changing where it looks for the folder in Advanced settings, but when I try to play music nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 8

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 7:06 PM

Yeah, that's not the way to move it.

Put everything back the way it was.

If you simply want to relocate the media folder, change the location in the Advanced screen of the iTunes library.

Ensure the option to organize the library is selected.

iTunes will move the media for you.

The other, better option is to move the ENTIRE iTunes folder. Simply close iTunes then move the ENTIRE iTunes folder from <user>/Music to the location desired.

Then, while holding SHIFT (requires a keyboard) launch iTunes. When prompted to create new or locate an existing iTunesLibrary file, point iTunes to the new location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2014 7:06 PM in response to Wittl1

Yeah, that's not the way to move it.

Put everything back the way it was.

If you simply want to relocate the media folder, change the location in the Advanced screen of the iTunes library.

Ensure the option to organize the library is selected.

iTunes will move the media for you.

The other, better option is to move the ENTIRE iTunes folder. Simply close iTunes then move the ENTIRE iTunes folder from <user>/Music to the location desired.

Then, while holding SHIFT (requires a keyboard) launch iTunes. When prompted to create new or locate an existing iTunesLibrary file, point iTunes to the new location.

Itunes on a Micro SD card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.