Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't print with hp colour laser jet 2605dn

I am having issues printing using my HP Color LaserJet 2605dn. The data is sent to the printer, it acknowledges that it has received the data, then it spontaneously shuts off, reboots, and acts like nothing happened! I feel used! (Bad attempt at humour 😝) If I attempt to send the document again, the same thing happens. I've tried reinstalling the printer driver several times with no success. This has been happening for at least a year, even prior to upgrading the OS to Maverick.

Any advice would help, even if it is to tell me that it's a lost cause. Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 6:09 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2014 3:03 AM in response to lmammoli

Try.

Resetting printer.

Turn off printer. Press and hold the green button, Select, and the orange button, Cancel Job. Turn on printer. When you see the message Permanent storage init displays, release the Select and Cancel Job buttons.

I found that and the following procedure in the service manual. I also did a Super NVRAM initializer.

Use the following procedure to execute a super NVRAM init.

1. Turn off the printer.

2.Press and hold the (Left arrow) and (Right arrow) buttons simultaneously.

3. Turn on the printer.

4. When the super NVRAM init is complete, the printer will return to the Ready state.

When you see the message Permanent storage init displays, release the (Right arrow) buttons.

can't print with hp colour laser jet 2605dn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.