Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone heard of the website macbookadapter.com? I noticed they sell MacBook adapters at discount prices. Are they legit? Are the chargers genuine Apple like the website claims they are?

Just as the title asks. Can I trust the website macbookadapter.com? I am hard on money and if I can save $20-$30 on a genuine Apple adapter I will.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 6:28 PM

21 replies

Nov 21, 2017 11:51 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

Virtually everything you have stated about MacBookAdapter.com is completely false. The chargers are every bit as good as genuine Apple product, which have been frying about every 2-3 years on me anyway. In fact, you can get an immediate replacement if it fails within 2 years for $5. If you're going to disparage a company, you should at least demonstrate some evidence to backup your opinion.

Jan 14, 2014 7:55 PM in response to AppleFan1903

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your purchase.

www.amazon.com/Apple-MagSafe-Power-Adapter-MacBook/product-reviews/B000RJTZYQ

This shows 9.8 out of 100 (on their website):

Edit: Am unable to post the screenshot (forum software glitch), but it does say 9.8 / 100. Also unable to post a link, so you'll need to copy and paste.

Jan 14, 2014 8:06 PM in response to AppleFan1903

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT buy one of those chargers, theyre cheap knockoffs that at best will fry in a short term on the carger block

at worst will toast your IO board on your Macbook..

Youre risking your 1000$ macbook to saving $40 on a charger.

Those knockoff batteries will last no time at all, theyre junkers.

Theyre the "fake Gucci" of poor quality Chinese counterfeit knockoffs. 😟

Apr 23, 2014 9:57 PM in response to AppleFan1903

they're legit... the macbook chargers they sell are refurbished apple chargers. their customer service is impeccable. i got a charger via them from a local mac repairman who swears by them, and i've had no problems. i subsequently purchased another one as a backup immediately afterwards... fast shipping, excellent service, they run a fine business. don't listen to other people here claiming otherwise, the chargers are not cheap knock-offs, and they've been around for 5 years now.

now, as far as their batteries go, i'd rather spend the money on a real apple battery, but they live up to their warranty promises, and they seem to be a better quality than the cheap replacements floating around ebay and amazon.

it's you decision... caveat emptor.

May 7, 2014 9:46 PM in response to AppleFan1903

I purchased an Apple adaptor from MacBookAdaptor.com because it was advertised as genuine. I did not notice the word 'refurbished' in very small letters at the bottom of the screen. When I received the adaptor, the case was cracked and the sides had been sanded down. I e-mailed MacBookApaptor, and they said that as per their "No Hassle Return Policy," if I wanted to send it back for any reason within 30 days, they would send me a free return label and refund the full price including shipping. I told them that I wanted to return the unit. I was sent return instructions, but no return label. I had to e-mail them again for them to send me the return label. Two weeks after I sent the adaptor back, I still had not received my refund (via PayPal). I e-mailed MacBookAdaptor to ask when I was going to get my refund, and only then did they send it to PayPal. However, they withheld the $6.50 shipping charge that they said they would refund. I sent another e-mail message for the remaining refund. I never heard back from them again. Fortunately, I used PayPal, so I opened up a "Dispute" claim with PayPal. After investigating, PayPal ended up paying me the $6.50 shipping charge that MacBookAdaptor should have paid me. Needless to say, I will never deal with this company again.

Has anyone heard of the website macbookadapter.com? I noticed they sell MacBook adapters at discount prices. Are they legit? Are the chargers genuine Apple like the website claims they are?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.