Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iMovie let me use backgrounds on titles or let me type in anything on certain titles?

I was working on imovie and creating a video for a school project. But when I dragged a title down I couldn't type a message in it and I couldn't change the background to a different color to make it look interesting. So the title was a black with no words. Please help! I'm desperate and I need to get this project finished soon. Thanks for any help or advice!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 4:46 AM

You can edit some title styles (about half of them - mostly the simpler ones without sophisticated effects) but not others. As to why you have to ask Apple.

Geoff.

2 replies

Jan 16, 2014 12:40 AM in response to I love apple 176

If you are using the new iMovie 10 (iMovie 2013), drag a different coloured background from the Maps and Backgrounds panel directly onto the existing background clip, then select Replace from the pop-up menu.

As GeeD mentioned, most (if not all) of the newer titles can't be modified unfortunately. But you should be able to change the background colour, as I suggested.

John

Why won't iMovie let me use backgrounds on titles or let me type in anything on certain titles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.