Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro crash - thread 0 - ProKit changeToLook

Actually I was just a second away from posting this as a question, then I had success! I found my solution! so thought I'd post anyway in case it can help anyone, because it was hard answer for me to find.

I run a MacPro, v 10.5.8. I backup with timemachine. My computer crashed last June the day before a presentation deadline; I had to do an archive and install, then I also did all my upgrades - however not sure if these upgrades were all done before the crash - this may be useful info. I don't always keep up to date on my upgrades.

Ever since I got my computer back up and running, most applications had problems. itunes and iphoto I had a lot of trouble with, I was able to get them both running from my backups after going through a lot of trial and error. Aperture I was able to get running after deleting the preferences, then the app, then the receipts, and then restoring the app from my backup. I reset PRAM and did a bunch of other things I don't remember anymore. I should have documented. but it worked in the end (yeah!)

I just resolved my iMovie - which was giving me a message that the quicktime component could not be found and to reinstall. I reinstalled and still nothing. I took the quicktime framework from by backup and restored it - voila! solved.

Final Cut was a big challenge and I got an error similar to one I found on apple discussions that was posted a few years ago found here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2623111?start=0&tstart=0. Whoever helped him seemed to know a lot about this.

this was the first part of my log:

FCP log:

Process: Final Cut Pro [16747]

Path: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro

Identifier: com.apple.FinalCutPro

Version: 7.0.3 (7.0.3)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [611]

Interval Since Last Report: 74769 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 52

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 2 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Application Specific Information:

* Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** +[ProKit changeToLook:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x11010860'

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x91608e94__TERMINATING_DUE_TO_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION__ + 4

1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x945cae3b objc_exception_throw + 40

2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x916102aa +[NSObject doesNotRecognizeSelector:] + 186

The solution to the similar problem posted by someone on here a few years ago, was to update their proKit framework. They also said they have /Library/Frameworks/ProKit.framework and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ProKit.framework. However, I don't find ProKit anything anywhere. I've looked in my timemachine backup frameworks and also can't find anything that says proKit. Is ProKit part of an update that I did now that I didn't have before? - making upgraded programs to be looking for this, yet it doesn't exist? If I go to download proKit from Apple, it says it's only for 10.6.6 or later.

I tried deleting preferences, deleting application support and then restoring app from backup. I've tried logging into another account; tried deleting preferences-repair permissions-restart;

>>>Last but not least! I downloaded ProKit 5.0 for OS 10.5.8, which I did not have at all, (and never had this software before), and my issue was solved! PTL!! 😀😀😀😀😀

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 7:57 PM

There are no replies.

final cut pro crash - thread 0 - ProKit changeToLook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.