Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft office isn't working on my Mac anymore

I have tried to open Microsoft Word on my Mac for the past week and it won't let me login. My product key is also claimed to be invalid. It is already downloaded on my computer and has been for about 3 months now. It just started doing this. The error code is 0x80048823. How do I fix this? I have already tried restarting my computer. Microsoft Office is not working at all. It comes up as if I'm a new user saying enter product key, sign in to existing acct, or 30 free-trial. I try signing in and that's when it gives me an error code. I tried entering my product key to reinstall it maybe? That's when it said product key invalid. I need them to work ASAP! I am a college student and this is extremely inconvenient.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 9:12 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2014 7:29 AM in response to Lando Fernando

USUALLY, when you're asked to log in (if you're running Office 2011) the app is asking you to log into your Office 365 account. I just had my logic board replaced AND installed a higher capacity SSD, having to clone my old SSD to the new one. I got the message that you describe BUT I do have an Office 365 account.

You might get lucky calling MS: or, as Bob suggests, post on the Office for Mac users forum.

Good luck,

Clinton

Microsoft office isn't working on my Mac anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.