Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming call options

Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered.

I would like to know why you sometimes have the additional options 'Remind me later' and 'Send message' when receiving an incoming call

and sometimes you don't.

If I only get 'Decline' and 'Accept', I am forced to just press the top button if I cannot receive the call at the time.

The additional options are very useful.

Many thanks

Steve

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 4:31 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2014 2:56 PM in response to SteveR1981

I just learned today from the iPhone iOS 7 manual that it depends if your phone is asleep or active.

If it is active, then you are given the choice of Accepting, Declining, or something else.

If it is asleep (inactive) then you are only given the choice of swiping to accept the call. But if you have read the manual, then you know that you must quickly press the "sleep" button twice to decline the call.

The unsolicited callers have set their robots to go through a long list of cell phone numbers. Sometimes a specific number is given, and you can find on Google that the number is an outgoing call center. Sometimes the screen shows something like unidentified caller.

It is a real nuisance to be outside on a bright day with gloves on with the phone buried in an inside pocket when one of these callers attacks. Get the phone out! Try to see who the call is from. Take off a glove to click the sleep switch twice.

Yep! The Macintosh WAS the computer for the rest of us!

Apr 1, 2014 3:54 PM in response to Mel Magree

Mel Magree wrote:

It is a real nuisance to be outside on a bright day with gloves on with the phone buried in an inside pocket when one of these callers attacks. Get the phone out! Try to see who the call is from. Take off a glove to click the sleep switch twice.

Why do you need to take your gloves off to tap the sleep/wake button? Unlike the screen, it's not capacitive. It works fine even if you have gloves on. Also, as of iOS 7.1, the swip to answer has been removed. You tap to accept or decline, even in the lock screen. Of course, that does require you take your gloves off, unless you have the kind designed for use with a touch screen.

Apr 1, 2014 6:45 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

The problem with gloves is first that one can't always feel small protusions and second that they distribute the pressure. We have that problem trying to close our garage door from the car.

The screens are different in 7.1. I somehow managed to push the sleep and home buttons at the right time to take this picture. There is no choice to answer or decline when the iPhone is "active".

User uploaded file

I haven't looked into what the "Remind Me" button does, but do I really want to be reminded of a nuisance call.

The iOS 7 iPhone User Guide shows a portion of what one sees if the iPhone is "active". See Chapter 5, page 44. I wish the screen looked like that when the iPhone is inactive.

Incoming call options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.