Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2007 Probably non Vga, black screen problem after sleep, help

Hello, i have a MBP 2007 core 2 duo, and use it a lot to work.

Yesterday night i have made he sleep manually(the apple sign, and pressed the sleep option), and closed the lid.

Today when i opened the lid and tried to use, my screen was just black, but the mbp is working, i can turn the capslock light on, play songs.

I have tried to reset smc and others procedures, and made a lot of researchs on google, and even on apple forum, to find a solution, and looks like mostly problems with this model is because of the Video Card, but in my case, maybe is different.

My supposition is:The lid close/open sensor might have an error, and don't sends the energy to the screen, or something like that, because when i close the lid, the sleep indicator light keeps on, and don't be like "breathing", just on. And opening it, the light of the sleeping indicator turn off.

I know that have a chance to be the video card, i want to test it, but,

how can i test it without seeing the mouse, to active the screen sharing on the top of the screen? Is there any keyboard shortcut or something to do that?

Apple stopped to take these models to change the vga in 2012, or keeps fixing this?

Thank you very much guys for any help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 4:57 AM

There are no replies.

MBP 2007 Probably non Vga, black screen problem after sleep, help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.