Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I Pad will not connect to my home network anymore

My I Pad will not connect to my home network as it has done for 3 years. I have a BT Home hub 5. It has connected with it up until last week. I have re-set the hub and the I Pad but it will not connect.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 5:33 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2014 6:36 AM in response to factorette

If you are having WiFi problems it is necessary to isolate whether the problem is with your network or your iPad. Note: Do NOT consider your network to be blameless if some other devices can connect to it.

First, test your iPad on some other WiFi networks: a friends, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, etc.

If it works well there then the problem is probably with your network. Try restarting your WiFi router by removing power for 30 seconds. If that does not help check for a firmware update for your router. If none exists which corrects the problem consider replacing the router.

If your iPad does not function well on other networks it possibly has a hardware problem. You could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to see if that corrects the problem. If not, contact Apple Support or visit an Apple store for evaluation. They can provide a replacement if your iPad is bad.

See also here: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/wifi/

My I Pad will not connect to my home network anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.