Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently purchased an iPhone 4. Someone else email is registered to the phone. Would it be easy to replace the previous owners email with mine?

Its locked to a specific email. Is it easy to replace that email with my own?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 6:49 AM

You mean that during the Setup Assistant, it is prompting you for an Apple ID and Password? Or do you currently have access to the device?

If so, in the Settings > iCloud, is there an Apple ID listed at the top? Is Find My iPhone turned on? If so, then you need to return the device, or get the previous owner to remove the device from their iCloud/FMiP Account.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2014 6:49 AM in response to Fletcher2510

You mean that during the Setup Assistant, it is prompting you for an Apple ID and Password? Or do you currently have access to the device?

If so, in the Settings > iCloud, is there an Apple ID listed at the top? Is Find My iPhone turned on? If so, then you need to return the device, or get the previous owner to remove the device from their iCloud/FMiP Account.

Recently purchased an iPhone 4. Someone else email is registered to the phone. Would it be easy to replace the previous owners email with mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.