Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to show iTunes Visualizer on my AppleTV?

I would like to know how to stream iTunes Visualizer to AppleTV.

I've seen tons of questions covering this issue but mostly outdated threads and I wonder if OSX 10.9, iOS 7

or whatever the newest AppleTV software came up with a solution to it.

I want to throw a party this coming Saturday and would love to be able to use that feature

without having to buy extra hardware.

Any hints will be mostly appreciated.

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 8:23 AM

Sorry, that's not possible, likely due to lack of processing power in the Apple TV.

If you have any suggestions that you think might enhance the Apple TV you can send Apple your feedback here

10 replies

Jan 15, 2014 11:46 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Actually it worked like a charm.

First I tried to Mirror using AirPlay only but then I couldn't see the mouse arrow and it wouldn't bring the menu down easily. Air Parrot really helped with that.

It is not perfect because when you are DJ'ing, the last thing you want is the guests to see the menu showing up and hiding every time I change the visualizer effects but I can live with that.

That will be my next suggestion to Apple: include an option to choose the visualizer we want for

a music or a genre ... something like that :-D

Again thanks a lot for your attention.

Nov 8, 2014 5:23 PM in response to vschafer

I changed my "National Geographic" screensaver on my Apple TV and now I have all photos of "Paris". I created a Flickr account, chose from an option of images by category. Now, I have a customized screensaver. I imagine there are endless categories. This link might help. http://www.macstories.net/tutorials/use-the-power-of-ifttt-to-customize-your-app le-tv-screen-saver/

Nov 14, 2014 10:14 PM in response to vschafer

My comment below still might help if you're having a party. After the first song plays on an album or playlist, the screensaver comes on. I have my preferred images, and you can create a custom set of images through Flickr too. It works well. "I changed my "National Geographic" screensaver on my Apple TV and now I have all photos of "Paris". I created a Flickr account, chose from an option of images by category. Now, I have a customized screensaver. I imagine there are endless categories. This link might help. http://www.macstories.net/tutorials/use-the-power-of-ifttt-to-customize-your-app le-tv-screen-saver/"

Feb 9, 2015 8:02 AM in response to vschafer

Assuming you have Yosemite put iTunes on the extended desktop while connected to AppleTV, don't mirror. while in itunes on the extended desktop turn visualizer on if the visualizer shows on your desktop not the TV press control>F, this should put the visualizer in the iTunes window then press control>F again and it should now be full screen on the TV through AppleTV

How to show iTunes Visualizer on my AppleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.