Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't print pdf made with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Quartz PDFContext

I have .pdf's that print fine and others that have encoding software of Mac OS X 10.6.8 Quartz PDFContext. The ones using the Quartz software don't pring on my HP Laserjet 2430tn as it says there is not enough memory.

I have not had any issues with any printing of and .pdf's before until this encoding software showed up. I can print the .pdf on my HP Officejet Pro 8600, but not the Laserjet.

I am using a Mackbook Pro using 10.6.8 osx.

Please help!!!

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:01 AM

11 replies

Jan 15, 2014 9:18 AM in response to bdomaille

Shame. I only use Acrobat to open ANY sort of PDF file.

It sounds like the filter has mucked up the files somehow. I don't use the Quartz filter on ANY PDF forms/files and seldom recommend using it. However, since you've no choice, it seems, I think that you're just going to have to use Preview to print the Quartz-formatted files.

You may want to post in the Adobe Reader forum to see if you can get a better suggestion -> http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums.

Good luck,

Clinton

can't print pdf made with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Quartz PDFContext

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.