Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone4s - Wifi greyed out

Hello everyone,

My Iphone 4S used to work fine 4 days ago, but one day I drained the battery, so I had to charge it again.

I charged my phone and unlocked it, but there was something different this time. I realised that my wifi button was greyed out.

So now I'm stuck with a phone with no wifi. My bluetooth and all the other stuff is working fine, but my wifi does not work at all.
I have tried pretty much anything except for the blowdrying and freezing technique, because I don't trust it. I don't think that

the problem is IOS 7.0.4, because it used to work properly before. I don't know what to do anymore and I can't go to the store

to replace it. Should I just wait till IOS 7.0.5 is released or is there another way?

Thanks! 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:37 AM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2014 9:43 AM in response to Zeyonce

If you aren't under warranty, you are probably out of luck.

I have the same issue. I took it to the Apple store, they ran diagnostic and determined that my battery was bad and needed to be replaced, but wifi hardware was fine. The battery is apparently the cause of the wifi issue.

Since my warranty expired a couple of days before, they quoted me around $80 to replace the battery.

I'm going to tough it out until my contract is done and then switch to Samsung...

Iphone4s - Wifi greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.