Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro Retina Photoshop ONLY graphic artifacts

I have a macbook pro Retina Mid 2012 for work. And every time I use photoshop, and move the cursor around I see very annoying graphical artifacts on the left and top of the screen. This looks like a driver issue one might expect on a PC. I can't take a screen shot of it, since it goes away when I try to do that.. of course. but attached below is a mockup of what it basically looks like. (I cannot upgrade to maverick due to not workig with software we need at the office)

This ONLY happens in Photoshop. and has been happeneing ever since the laptop was first purchased. Has anyone else seen something like this? Is there a driver update to fix it? etc...

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 8:33 AM

4 replies

Jan 15, 2014 9:06 AM in response to s.Oaten

There are so many apps that use the NVIDIA GPU... download gfxCardStatus and install it so that you can get a handle on apps that use the GPU processor (Chrome, any Creative Suite app, etc.).

If the problem only occurs when using the discrete GPU in PS then it's either a hardware fault or a PS fault - you'll know if other apps that use the NVIDIA chip display the same anomalies.

Clinton

Macbook pro Retina Photoshop ONLY graphic artifacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.