Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Secure is iCloud with Notes?

Hello,

I use Notes often, I love how it sync's with all my OS and iOS stuff, but I would really like to make a Note that has all my passwords that way when I update or add one the new one will be on all my devices.

While I think the new Keychain is really great, there are still times when I need to know my actually passwords. As of now I have a safe but not very convenient way of doing this.

My question is how vulnerable is the data that is stored on iCloud ? would you trust all your passwords to be in the Cloud ?

I am guessing most would not, but maybe there is something I don't know that is making me paranoid !

Thanks for any input you may have.

John

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Power Mac G4, iPad 2

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 9:27 AM

This discusses iCloud security: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4865.

10 replies

Jan 15, 2014 10:29 PM in response to Deadcowboy

Thanks,

From the link you have pointed me to, it seems that Notes and Mail on iCloud use SSL encryption, In Transit , but not on the server.

I am not 100% sure what this means, or how it effects my security. I apologize for being uneducated about this subject, some of the information on about SSL and encryption is beyond my understanding.

I am hoping you can provide with a less technical explanation.

If I create a Note on my Mac it will get saved as a readable Note on iCloud, but it is encrypted when it moves from iCloud to say my iPhone? It this the general idea ?

Thanks

John

Jan 16, 2014 4:55 AM in response to Deadcowboy

Deadcowboy wrote:

If I create a Note on my Mac it will get saved as a readable Note on iCloud, but it is encrypted when it moves from iCloud to say my iPhone? It this the general idea ?

Yes, that is more or less it. But do not forget that whilst it is on the server, anybody else would need your Apple ID and password in order to be able to access your notes.

How Secure is iCloud with Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.