Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive iPod screens - advice?

I have two iPod Touches 4th Gen 32 GB. Both screens are cracked. The screen on one of them will not respond at all, however the home button, lock screen, and volume buttons work as well as voice control. The second iPod screen only responds to about 75% of the right side of it; anything on the very left of the screen will not respond. I think there's something wrong with the sensor or whatever inside, not just the screen. Neither of them are under warranty, I bought them from friends. Still waiting to get my new iPhone but for now these iPods are all I have. Does anyone know how much it would cost to have them repaired or fixed; any advice?

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 2:24 PM

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following maybe less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the screen yourself if you are up to it

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

The outer screen contains the digitizer which senses touch. Sometimes portions of it will not respond because of a cracked screen

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2014 2:24 PM in response to callithurlow

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following maybe less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the screen yourself if you are up to it

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

The outer screen contains the digitizer which senses touch. Sometimes portions of it will not respond because of a cracked screen

Unresponsive iPod screens - advice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.