Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 'sharing' bookmarks

Not sure why, but since a recent update to OSX or Safari, can't remember which, someone else's bookmarks have appeared in my Safari! Apple didn't seem to care when I contacted them. Anyone else found this?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 15" _2.6GHz Intel Core i7_16GB Ram

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 2:35 PM

7 replies

Jan 16, 2014 5:33 AM in response to Linc Davis

Yes I sync with iCloud, but no, only I use the computer. Im UK based but these bookmarks appear to be from someone who lives in the US, theres no way they could have access to my Safari profile, Apple ID or otherwise, yet it seems I have access to theirs.

Within Safari...

The left hand book marks list has a Favourites Bar folder which contains my Favourites Bar book marks.

The Bookmarks Menu folder however contains my saved bookmarks and also someone elses!

Folders called Youth, Bible, Jacqui, Music, Air Show, Dog Show etc etc etc loads which arent mine.

Safari 'sharing' bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.