Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 5c

My iphone 5c was stolen on saturday night. Whoever stole it turned it off. Once I realized it was stolen I got on a friend's phone and tried to locate it but since it was off it was "offline" I couldn't track it. I didn't have a passcode on my phone so the thief could have gotten into it but I guess they just turned it off. I don't know

I know I had the iOS 7 and the Find my iPhone turned on. I've also checked my carrier's account and no minutes or texts or anything has been used. I also never recieved any emails about any of my passwords being changed or Find my Iphone being turned off or anything.

So my questions are:

Do they seriously just have my iPhone and have it turned off?

If they turn it on could I still find it ? or could they have turned off Find my Phone?

If they have it what can they do with it just turned off? (take out the sim card?)

Is there still hope?

I really don't want to give up hope by getting a new phone and being out ~$500...but I've also been without a phone for 4 days now and it *****.

Any advice?

(I've filed a police report but I doubt they do anything.)

This is SO Frustrating!!!!

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 3:22 PM

17 replies

Jan 15, 2014 3:26 PM in response to irokkori

irokkori wrote:

I know I had the iOS 7 and the Find my iPhone turned on.

They will not be able to use or access your Device because the Apple ID and Password that was Originally used to Activate the iDevice is required

Activation Lock in iOS 7 > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818

More Info...

Lost or Stolen iOS device see > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5668

Jan 15, 2014 4:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

nothing of mine has been affected tho. my bank accounts haven't been touched and in Find My iPhone the request for lost mode is pending. I feel like they turned it off when they found it.

I mean honestly what are the odds that whoever found my iphone in a bar has the ability and knowledge to turn it on airplane mode and try to go through my stuff??? I feel like that chance is very slim.

Stolen iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.