Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted icloud account, lost phone contacts

My samsung galaxy s3 broke and I'm using a friends old iphone 4. This is what I did to sync my contacts (in the following order):

Synced Google contacts

Synced Verizon Back Up Assistant contacts

(had all my contacts at this point, but still had all my friends old contacts and other data)

DELETED friends icloud account

At which point I lost all the contacts that had synced from google and verizon backup assistant. At this point I tried resyncing google and verizon and this changes nothing.

How come deleting an icloud account (that I never was able to sync with because i didnt know the password nor was it my account) has gotten rid of all my contacts? Can I get them back or have I lost to the apple gods only 1 hour into owning an iphone.

Rohan

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 4:05 PM

Solved my own problem- for anyone having the same issue:

Mysteriously when the icloud account was deleted about 400 of my contacts were moved to the verizon backup assistant trash. I think this is because after deleting the icloud account and the contacts were lost (still dont understand why), I hit sync on verizon backup assistant....SOO instead of adding those contacts back to my phone it actually synced in the opposite sense and removed them from verizon backup.

The good news is you can login to your verizon back up assistant account online and remove all your contacts from the trash back into your regular contact list. At this point you should delete the verizon backup assistant from your iphone and reinstall it and resync.

BAM

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2014 4:05 PM in response to sayhibeats

Solved my own problem- for anyone having the same issue:

Mysteriously when the icloud account was deleted about 400 of my contacts were moved to the verizon backup assistant trash. I think this is because after deleting the icloud account and the contacts were lost (still dont understand why), I hit sync on verizon backup assistant....SOO instead of adding those contacts back to my phone it actually synced in the opposite sense and removed them from verizon backup.

The good news is you can login to your verizon back up assistant account online and remove all your contacts from the trash back into your regular contact list. At this point you should delete the verizon backup assistant from your iphone and reinstall it and resync.

BAM

Deleted icloud account, lost phone contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.