Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fifth Gen iPod won't sync to itunes.

Hello

I've had my fifth iPod for nearly a year and it's been capable of syncing just fine, until I purchased a new laptop. I'm not sure if it is my ipod or the laptop that won't apprehend. I at first thought there was something wrong with my cord so I went to the nearest apple store and bought a brand new sync/charging cable.. however all it did was charge my ipod, not sync. So at this point I was pretty sure this might be something to do with my new computer. It's a Samsung Ativ book 4 with windows 8.1. I know that when I updated to 8.1 a few of my drivers acted sort of wonky so I thought maybe somethig was wrong with my device driver. I tried to follow a tutorial to install a new one, it told me to install usbaapl64.inf which went only resulted in an error saying it doesn't contain a compatible software driver for my device. I'm not sure why this is happening but I'm positive it has something to do with my laptop. Is there a simple solution I've over looked or am I really screwed?

Thanks, Dylan

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 5:14 PM

1 reply

Fifth Gen iPod won't sync to itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.