Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it says on the apple website the ipad 2 apps such as keyntote and numbers are free provided they are compatible with iOS 7. however, why is there still a price of 9 dollars written on it? shouldnt it say "free" as they said on the website?

it says on the apple website the ipad 2 apps such as keyntote and numbers are free provided they are compatible with iOS 7. however, why is there still a price of 9 dollars written on it? shouldnt it say "free" as they said on the website? also, why is there still a confirmation asking "are you sure you want to buy this"? i mean, if it says that it is free on the website then it should reflect on the app store. yes, i have read the number 5 underneath it saying that garageband is also free as well as the apps as long as they are iOS 7 compatible

i am a huge fan of apple but i am slowly getting dissappointed by this.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:07 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2014 7:30 PM in response to Ian Lee Young

Sounds like you didn't read the fine print, go back to where you saw this, and look at note #5 that is referenced next to "Free Apps from Apple":

5. GarageBand is free on the App Store for all iOS 7 compatible devices; additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available with an in-app purchase. iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated on or after September 1, 2013.

If you bought and activated your iPad 2 prior to September 1st last year, they are not free. Just having an iPad 2 does not qualify, it had to have been activated after the offer became available.

it says on the apple website the ipad 2 apps such as keyntote and numbers are free provided they are compatible with iOS 7. however, why is there still a price of 9 dollars written on it? shouldnt it say "free" as they said on the website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.