Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is my airplay icon?

After upgrading to IOS 7 I lost the Airplay icon in the following gadgets in my house: Iphone 4 ( 2) iphone 5, iphone 5s, Ipad 3g (old) and mini ipad (last year's)

The icon is present and working on my Imac and Macbook Pro.

I have all software updated, as well as last model for Verizon Fios router - which evidently is not a problem since all my other equipments, including the Apple ones Imac and Macbook, work as always before, when I used to play music from my phone (or ipad) on my Apple TV.

My old Ipod, 8GB, that uses 4.2.1, also have the airplay icon; all considered, I believe that the problem must be with the new IOS 7, and I'm looking for solutions, not for debates type "my work yours not", and so.

Its happening with my equipments, but it could've be yours too...

Thank you!

iOS 7.0.4, Iphone, Ipad, Ipad mini

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 7:39 PM

That would certainly frustrate me! Are you looking for the AirPlay icon by swiping up from the bottom on your devices, to bring up the iOS 7 Control Center feature?

see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4437

3 replies

Jan 15, 2014 7:53 PM in response to kyhu

Hahaha!!!😁

I have to LOL really !!!

So all this debate and finally someone - KYHU -smartly came and gave me the answer!

"Find the AirPlay icon by swiping up from the bottom on your devices!!!"

Thank you!➕

I will leave this topic open for awhile because I believe that lost of people will still look for this (hidden) Icon...😉

Which brings back my original opinion...I rather have the IOS6...

where is my airplay icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.